Phoenix to Santa Fe: Georgia O’Keeff Country
TOUR DATES: 8-21 July 2018
Already completed in 2018
TOUR DATES: 02 MARCH – 17 MARCH 2018
16 DAYS/15 NIGHTS: $7, 900 PP TWIN SHARE (single supplement available), INCLUDING RETURN QANTAS ECONOMY AIRFARE.
Beginning in Chile, we explore the culinary and literary delights of Santiago before
crossing the snow capped Andes Mountains to arrive in the Argentine wine mecca of Mendoza.
Planted in the desert, Mendoza is a miracle of tree lined streets, lush green parks and fabulous food and wine. From here we travel to Cordoba, a modern university city founded by Jesuit priests in the 16th Century. In Cordoba the old and new sit comfortably together – on one corner a Cathedral adorned with marble altars and gold leaf imported from Europe, on the other, a contemporary art gallery exhibiting graffiti clad nudes and harlequins.
From Cordoba we take the road less travelled – the one to Santa Rosa de Calamuchita. This is where the Argentines come to relax by pristine rivers and lakes and fire up their barbeques. This is where we will enjoy typical village life: a cooking class, scenic walks, yoga, massages, discuss books, meet a local writer, recite poetry in Spanish and eat! Gourmet dining in panoramic settings, authentic Argentine asado (barbeque), Viennese cakes in alpine hamlets, pizza in local restaurants …
With our energy levels restored, we then head for the cosmopolitan sophistication of Buenos Aires – its grand architecture and European style boulevards, theatres, art museums, bookshops, bohemian barrios, street art, tango performances and much, much more, includng a day trip to Uruguay and the UNESCO World Heritage Colonia del Sacramento.
• Return Economy Class flights from Sydney to Santiago with Qantas (Ask Natalie for Premium Economy and Business Class upgrades)
• Regional flights within Argentina – Aerolineas Argentina: Mendoza-Cordoba-Buenos Aires • Luxury bus transfer from Santiago to Mendoza, rated one of the most scenic drives in South America
• 14-nights’ accommodation in double or twin room with daily breakfast and wifi
• Welcome dinner at Aqui Esta Coco, Santiago, + other select meals in Mendoza, Santa Rosa and Buenos Aires
• All sightseeing, cultural activities and private guiding, including entrance fees, e.g. Museo Bella Artes and La Chascona (house of Pablo Neruda) in Santiago;
• In Mendoza, a city bus tour, and private tours to wineries and the Aconcagua National Park
• In Cordoba, a private walking tour of the Jesuit Block, including the Cathedral and
University, the Museo de Bellas Artes and a private contemporary art gallery
• VIP Welcome in Santa Rosa de Calamuchita
• Comprehensive Argentine cultural immersion with Chris Ward, founder of Spanish and beyond e.g. Spanish conversation with teachers and locals, a cooking class, optionalmassage, yoga, nature walks, book chats and a literary meeting with a published poet
• In Buenos Aires, guided tour of Teatro Colon (world’s 3rd best opera house accoustics), MALBA, the Latin American Art Museum, the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, Centro Cultural Borges for a Tango experience, Ricoleta Cemetery, guided city walks and lunch at Meshiguene Restaurant in Palermo
• New for 2018! Full day excursion to Colonia, Uruguay visiting the UNESCO World Heritage “Colonia del Sacramento”.
• Pre-departure background information with your hosts Judith Salmon and Louise Ward
• Daily assistance with optional sightseeing tours
• Free time for shopping and private leisure
For information and bookings contact
Award-Winning Travel Professional
Natalie Jeffers on 02 9299 5554,
or email email@example.com
Optional 2 night post-tour extension to Iguazu Falls
from $650 pp twin share, + flights